Pupil Premium at Coomb Briggs
The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding and is allocated to schools to help them tackle disadvantage and address inequalities for socially disadvantaged pupils.
At Coomb Briggs Primary School
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
- We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis, which will identify priority classes, groups or individuals.
- As well as improving academic achievement, we want to ensure that our pupils also have access to any pastoral support they may need so that they may look forward to their time at our school with enthusiasm and positivity.